Tuesday 9 January 2007

Perfect Companions #1

Something I've been enjoying for quite some time now...reading the book then watching the film...I see it as a kind of requirement... the problem is that most film versions of good books tend to be utter crap... we should never judge a book by its film.
On the other hand, it’s truly rewarding when the above doesn’t happen, when we read an excellent book and follow it by an equally excellent film adaptation. This happened to me quite recently and that’s why I decided to start this particular weekly/monthly/whenever-I-feel-like post. Every now and again I will post what I think is a good book and its obvious companion, the film adaptation. I won’t go into good books versus bad films (there’s way too many) or bad books versus good films (just doesn't happen).

This week's perfect companion:

No comments: